When the sun glares at the earth and the weather gets super-hot, ice cream seems like something that can bring you relief from the heat. Indeed, it is a refreshing treat, however, why should not you make the most of the delicious and tangy fruit sorbet. The summer season is delightful because it brings a bunch of wonderful varieties of berries and fruit, which you can use to make delightful desserts. Well, as per the tradition, blending all the fruits and desserts into some kind of frozen dessert seems to be an easy way to preserve them and enjoy them.
A general recipe to make sorbets
The simplest recipe to make sorbet is as under:
- Take one part of sugar, four parts of the fruit of your choice, and two parts of water.
- You also can add lemon juice to the mixture. If you are running out of time, you can squeeze a lemon into the mixture for a little bit of extra flavor.
- At the first stage, make a simple syrup by mixing water and sugar inside a small saucepan. Now make that mixture boil by stirring constantly until the sugar in the syrup completely melts. Then allow the mixture to cool down.
- Unless you have berries to include in the recipe, you should cut down the fruit you are using into cube shapes. Then place them inside of a food processer or a blender. Add the water and sugar syrup to the blender. Add lemon juice if you have not added it to the simple syrup. Lemon juice should be about 1/8 of a cup of fruit.
There is no binding on the number of flavors you can use to make sorbet. Whatever you imagine can be made. The number of flavors can only be limited if your imagination let it so. You can try raspberries, blueberries, peaches, strawberries, cherries, and mangoes. Don’t be bound to use one flavor.
Watermelon vodka sorbet recipe
Let’s take a look at the ingredients.
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoon of vodka
- 1 cup of sugar
- 8 cups of cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
Here is the method to make watermelon vodka sorbet:
Take a small saucepan. Fill it in with sugar and water. Bring the two ingredients to boil. Cook the mixture until sugar gets dissolved. Now set aside the mixture to cool it. Now put the watermelon in a food processor for a few minutes to process it. You can do that in batches. Make sure watermelon mixture is smooth.
Transfer the puree into a big bowl. Then stir the puree along with the lemon juice, sugar syrup and vodka as per your taste. Now take a dish and pour in the mixture. Once done, you can freeze it for an hour. The time period can vary as per your requirements.
Whatever the freezing time is, you should make sure that the edges are firm. After that stir the mixture once again. Once again push it into the freezer and now freeze it for two hours.
Now process the mixture in the food processor for a few minutes. You can do that in batches. After that serve it to your guests or fill in the containers with the mixture and put it to freeze.
Don’t confuse sorbet with ice cream
Some people confuse sorbet with ice cream. A sorbet is a kind of frozen treat that is usually very light and fruity in flavor. Typically, you will have to serve ice cream in scoops. It is light and full of flavor as well. Many experts claim that sorbet is very low in fats. If you add alcohol to the sorbet, it will have a softer texture as compared to non-alcoholic sorbets because alcohol reacts with the sorbet and lowers its temperature. Some recipes are water-based just like the one that I have just explained to you. You may serve it after icing it or pair it up with another fruit or liquid.
- The major difference between a sorbet and an ice cream is that sorbet is made from water and ice cream is made from milk, yogurt, cream, and air. This marks the line of distinction between the two desserts. You cannot add milk or yogurt to a sorbet except that you want to ruin it. Sorbet is more in demand because water makes it light and flavorful. You cannot pile up multiple scoops of sorbet one upon the other and you will have to serve it in the form of single scoops.
- You can serve sorbet to your guests to have them wash their palate between two courses of a meal.
- The addition of sugar to the dessert can have a significant effect on the consistency of sorbet as compared to ice cream.
- Sorbet looks more iced as compared to ice cream or gelato because it has more water than the ice cream.
- Ice cream contains dairy products like milk or cream, which is why it has more fats as compared to sorbet that is made of water. There are no dairy products included in the preparation of sorbet.
Consuming this water-based treat as a dessert or a refreshment may turn out to be highly beneficial to most people. Even older people can eat a lot of sorbet dessert because thee fat ratio is low due to the non-existence of dairy products. You can eat your fill without worrying about your health. You will never gain extra weight or have bad skin that is usually linked to the consumption of dairy products. The mouth immediately tastes the flavor and the person starts appreciating it. This is why sorbets are used to cleanse the palates during meals.
Buzz Pop Cocktails is dedicated to making boozy sorbets of your choice in a healthy and flavorful fashion. Just imagine the flavor and you will find it on the list. Their secret recipe to make sorbets is what is driving sorbet lovers crazy. You will never have enough of it. The best part of ordering adult push pops from Buzz Pop Cocktails is that they are amazingly healthy. They guarantee that there will be no artificial flavors or colors in the push pops. There will be no artificial sweetness, no fat, and no gluten. The push pops are fully vegan and below 100 calories to provide a healthy dessert. Mango Passion-fruit is sweet and has a bright lemon. Chocolate raspberry sorbeto is prepared with a Belgium Dark Chocolate to which fresh raspberries are added to make a creamy and sultry sorbet. You will find them beautifully topped off with Bourbon of premium quality. The product is well-suited for an adult birthday party. Your guests will be impressed by you.